Pokemon Iron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up with ideas for Pokemon Iron and helping to create it

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Plot

Go down 
+6
Brian.Gif.
Ironmind
MrMash
MegaBuster
Aerodactyl
Arbok
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Plot   Plot EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:15 pm

discuss the plot here.
you can copypaste from the original thread.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoniron.forumotion.com
Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Copy+Paste from someone in the original thread:

My idea for how the game should start;

Your playable character is found outside the hut of your village's best Hunter alongside your future rival when you're babies after being orphaned. Upon being examined by the Doctor/Medicine man, the Hunter asks them the standard question of your gender, along with more. He also asks about your hair, eye and skin colours, allowing you to customise your character and rival somewhat.
It skips to twelve years later, and shows what has become of you two. The hunter has taken you in as his protégés, raising you as his own children as well, and is taking you into the forest to capture a starter Pokémon as a right of passage to mark your transition from an apprentice to a fully fledged hunter.
You find three separate trails, are given the current equivalent of a Pokéball and are sent off down a track of your choice to catch your starter.
They are;
-The first set of tracks are muddy, with dew on all the nearby plants despite it being late afternoon. (Water type)
-The second set of tracks is heavily overgrown even by the forest's standards, with most of the plants in bloom despite it being Autumn. (Grass type)
-The third set of tracks are surrounded by ashes, with most of the flora dried up or burnt away. (Fire type)
Your rival picks the path with a type advantage of course, and your master/father takes the last one.

You then are given the basic tutorial on how to walk, run, jump, pick up items, ect. until you come across the starter.
You are prompted to injure it before trying to catch it (but you can't actually fail) and are taught the basics on how catching wild Pokemon works, as well on fighting when you use a hit it with a large rock on it's head to disorientate it.

You then battle your rival upon returning home, with the outcome not affecting much besides dialogue.

Two weeks pass, and you gradually bond with your new partner while battling in the wild, talking with people around town, doing odd jobs for cash and learning yet more about the wider world and game mechanics.

Then, at night, your village is raided while you are out training. Near everyone you know (i.e have met so far) is killed in front of you, and the only thing preventing the attackers from burning it to the ground is the incredibly heavy rain and streams of blood covering the surrounding land. You hear from a dying old man that your Father and Rival are down by the river, attempting to mount a last stand against the horde while the villagers escape by boat. you arrive in time to find them defeated, and to hear snatches of the main antagonist's speech about "Three mystical beasts with the potential to conquer the world, which you have stolen from me."
He then moves in for the kill after stealing your Father's starter, which you try to block with your own. However, your low level Pokémon is knocked aside easily. Using his last ounce of strength, your Father throws the two of you onto the raft with your Pokémon and wishes you well.

The boat is destroyed by the rapids generated by the rain, and you wake up hundreds of miles downstream on a riverbank, surrounded by wreckage and near the entrance of a city, starter still at your side but without it's ball. All you have to your name are the clothes on your back, a relatively undamaged bag with some basic supplies (money, medical items) and a rough map of the area.

At this point, you learn of Gyms and how they give out cash prizes, rare items, maps and various other things you'll need to be able to become a Pokémon Master/Gladiatorial champion so you can accomplish your goals, and how a mysterious youth matching your description has supposedly bested a Gym Leader far way with only one Pokémon in record time.

And so your quest for vengeance, fame and your now-lost Rival/brother begins.....
______
A pretty good, if complex, idea.
Back to top Go down
http://andrewrentz.deviantart.com/
Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Here's an idea I had:

As the game is based partly on gladiatoral combat, your character could be a slave who works his way through the 8 coliseums and eventually Elite 4 to gain his freedom.

In fact the game could be an origin story for the Pokemon League--the ancient sport was adapted, Coliseums became Gyms, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://andrewrentz.deviantart.com/
MegaBuster

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:22 pm

You're a slave - Taught the basics of combat and then are forced to team up with a Pokemon by your Master (Replaces Prof.) (Ancient Pokemon are vicious and feared by all but Gladiators)

Go through several battle 5 low level trainers at various Coliseums, you're not trainers, but Gladiators. After defeating a Gladiator you get their Pokemon (5 Gladiators so that you can have a full party of 6) then you're forced to battle in the 8 Coliseums Tournament. (Healed after each battle) Each Coliseum has a Gladiator with a special type they use and a full party. (This is a ROM hack we can make new types, or make type choice more important) Once these are defeated you take the Elite Champion Challenge fighting 4 powerful Gladiators and obtain freedom, but you are stripped of all items and your beloved Pokemon, save one. (since I'd assume you are provided with items to make it through these challenges without Money or a Mart) You then start in a town, city, or whatever with 3000$ a Pokemon and your goal is to defeat an evil group named Team Slavers, and along the way you encounter a Rival trying to bring understanding to the world about Pokemon. You defeat most of Team Slaver but are incapacitated and sent back to the Elite Champion Coliseum and forced to Double Battle them and their significantly higher level Pokemon (lv.55+)

Win and you are set free again, and can track down the leader of Team Slaver who has escaped into the north and defeat him.
Back to top Go down
MrMash

MrMash

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:01 pm

I like the OP idea, Maybe you could play as the son/adopted son of a guy who makes apricorn pokeballs, and he sends you out to test one, or something, giving you your starter pokemon. Maybe he could make you a master ball later on or something.
Back to top Go down
Ironmind

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

What's with the grimdark in that first storyline? It's pokemon, I don't really want to see people die, and with how it sounds it would be a platformer/action type game too.

[quote]You're a slave - Taught the basics of combat and then are forced to team up with a Pokemon by your Master (Replaces Prof.) (Ancient Pokemon are vicious and feared by all but Gladiators)

Go through several battle 5 low level trainers at various Coliseums, you're not trainers, but Gladiators. After defeating a Gladiator you get their Pokemon (5 Gladiators so that you can have a full party of 6) then you're forced to battle in the 8 Coliseums Tournament. (Healed after each battle) Each Coliseum has a Gladiator with a special type they use and a full party. (This is a ROM hack we can make new types, or make type choice more important) Once these are defeated you take the Elite Champion Challenge fighting 4 powerful Gladiators and obtain freedom, but you are stripped of all items and your beloved Pokemon, save one. (since I'd assume you are provided with items to make it through these challenges without Money or a Mart) You then start in a town, city, or whatever with 3000$ a Pokemon and your goal is to defeat an evil group named Team Slavers, and along the way you encounter a Rival trying to bring understanding to the world about Pokemon. You defeat most of Team Slaver but are incapacitated and sent back to the Elite Champion Coliseum and forced to Double Battle them and their significantly higher level Pokemon (lv.55+)

Win and you are set free again, and can track down the leader of Team Slaver who has escaped into the north and defeat him.[/quote]

This isn't a bad idea, save for the beginning which would be a bit long of a tutorial for a pokemon game and that it's so very similar to the formula used by all the other pokemon games. If we switched it up, just a bit more, I think it would come in as a much better overall piece.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm

AHHHHHHHH lol i feel like the whole slave thing is going to get gory so could we use servant instead and the rival would be your master( the king of the land)s son named (INsert name Here) and instead of pokeballs we could use minerals you find in a cave its a great cave that is rumored to hold a great spirit or bridge of the universe which will allow you to go through space and time. etc. and the spirit is like Gaia or something etc.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Ironmind wrote:
What's with the grimdark in that first storyline? It's pokemon, I don't really want to see people die, and with how it sounds it would be a platformer/action type game too.

(Creator Here)
When I first wrote that it was fairly late and I had somehow gotten the idea that this was going to be more like a standard (J?)RPG in my head as opposed to a normal (fanmade) Pokémon game.
I decided to try and make a more 'adult' version as most seemed to want it that way from my understanding at the time, but it appears as though my idea was a bit too Grimdark for everyone's tastes. Still, I threw in a few ideas which I feel could work well in a more lighthearted game in my opinion, such as you and your Rival being related, the tutorial being more hands on and teaching-by-doing as opposed to being given walls of text and the way you find your starter Pokémon by catching it yourself for once. If anyone thinks any of this is actually good and worth improving upon, because on further consideration I find it rather bad for the most part, just tell me and I'll gladly do up a more lighthearted version for this place.

The slave story sounds pretty good, but being a slave and all it doesn't sound like you'd be able to do much roaming (one of the parts of Pokémon I like quite a bit) of the world outside of cities unless you somehow became a freeman/girl much earlier on. So, perhaps you should be granted your freedom upon becoming a Gladiator on the condition that you participate in the various arenas? That way, you're free to explore but are also given a genuine reason to compete after Team Slaver appears.
Also, why not just make them a standard Slaver Guild instead of callling them Team Slaver? No offence intended, but it sounds a little odd to me (then again, so do most Team names.....)
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Well being a servant of a prince who is your rival could work when the prince wants to go on a journey and the king appoints you to take care of him and the rival being douchey as he is in every game ditches you along the way .
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:58 pm

[quote="Brian.Gif."]Well being a servant of a prince who is your rival could work when the prince wants to go on a journey and the king appoints you to take care of him and the rival being douchey as he is in every game ditches you along the way .[/quote]
That isn't a half bad idea. He could cause arguments with/annoy/want to win a certain item from the local Gladiators in each town and make you battle them in the Arena for him, or be the target of a Team X led kidnapping attempt in this game at first thus drawing you into the fight against them.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Yeah but im thinking the prince or rival im setting is based on gary so he has a crapload of stuff finds you after you defeat a boss and gloats that hes ahead of you and almost done already collecting ..... not badges butttttt something else ...... maybe badges could be pieces of something and when you put them altogether you can use it as a key .... or something .... but i would like to see the main character end up traveling with 2 other people ...... not the prince/rival though cuz hes a douche
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Maybe you should get a Medal of some sort instead of Badges?
As for the two other companions, how about someone who wishes to defeat the local Team organization and another person interested in a particular aspect of Pokémon such as Breeding, Medicine or Research?
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 pm

i feel like medal is to much like badge i feel like the badges should be like (sorry to use reference) spectrobes like minerals or stuff which pretty much boost up all ur pokemon and badges are rocks anyways if u think about it in the game im almost 90% sure (or show) that badges are made from minerals so why not just use basic mineral shaped as a small orb sphere thing
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Actually, a piece of metal naturally shaped like a water droplet or lightning bolt (for potential Water/electric Arenas) sounds pretty cool.
Also, just remembered this and thought it might make a good mini-quest/plot point, but in the Anime (episode 72) Ash and Co. found a pair of giant, stone Pokéballs used to seal a massive Alakazam and Gengar away. Perhaps you should be involved with the sealing process in this game by battling the pair in a huge 2v2 boss battle to knock them out so they can be caught?
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm

yeah that sounds pretty legit .......... maybe for some quests in the episodes that deal with ancient times maybe we can correlate it with the game
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:27 pm

That sounds like a pretty cool idea.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 am

Brian.Gif. wrote:
Yeah but im thinking the prince or rival im setting is based on gary so he has a crapload of stuff finds you after you defeat a boss and gloats that hes ahead of you and almost done already collecting ..... not badges butttttt something else ...... maybe badges could be pieces of something and when you put them altogether you can use it as a key .... or something .... but i would like to see the main character end up traveling with 2 other people ...... not the prince/rival though cuz hes a douche
yea i would love to bring back the old Gary Oak were he appears at the worst possible time. jst pissing you off around every corner

The Mighty Pepper wrote:
Maybe you should get a Medal of some sort instead of Badges?
As for the two other companions, how about someone who wishes to defeat the local Team organization and another person interested in a particular aspect of Pokémon such as Breeding, Medicine or Research?
kinda like on the show how brock and misty followed ash? well if u did something like that wat about choosing a single or dbl battle? and if we did it off the new black and white games we could evn do a trip battle.

Brian.Gif. wrote:
i feel like medal is to much like badge i feel like the badges should be like (sorry to use reference) spectrobes like minerals or stuff which pretty much boost up all ur pokemon and badges are rocks anyways if u think about it in the game im almost 90% sure (or show) that badges are made from minerals so why not just use basic mineral shaped as a small orb sphere thing
yea or a sacred item (or a replica of one)
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:51 am

You never really see the badges, so we could treat them more as a status symbol, where people hear by word of mouth that you've beaten the local champion. Then new options open up, although you never gain a physical item.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:11 am

So will the main character have different status's for everyone he beats like he beats egyptians becomes high priest as one of the titles or something becuz he really needs something like undermade badges made outta stone
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:46 am

Brian.Gif. wrote:
So will the main character have different status's for everyone he beats like he beats egyptians becomes high priest as one of the titles or something becuz he really needs something like undermade badges made outta stone

wat if we did something like off Pokemon Naranja were you battle the gym leader then you do a mini game against the leader but in this case you make a mini sacred statue or something to prove yourself to the village
Back to top Go down
MrMash

MrMash

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:02 am

Maybe the player could witness the near extinction of the Zapdos/Mostres/Articuno mini-birds, and only the player, rival and *dunno who else* have the last remaining ones?
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:29 am

Dude.

Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:59 pm

So what can we all agree on the beginning of him being a servant and going a a journey with a a douche prince prince ditches him and that is the start of his adventure or what ??
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:14 am

I'm working on my version of the plot right now, so if you have any suggestions you should post 'em pretty quick if you want them included.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:04 am

Ok the one i just said .........above maybe with the three tag alongs all studying different aspects of pokemon . Someone guarding the unknown place. Team Rocket should be like (team wagon) or something etc and be trying to take away main characters ....Dignity?? idk something? are we going to have his mom in the game or not cuz if so she is hardly noticed maybe make her a leader of a GYM or whatever or something that ties in that would be neato but not important if you dont want it .

In golden rod city when team rocket attack radio tower if i remember we should call it pelican tower or something becuz they would be delivering messages.

We need like one really really smart guy that could be Leonardo Da Vinci's great great gandfather and creates cool gadgets..... like the bicycle .... which everyone loves .....

Professor oaks could be some hermit he found right outside whos a little crazy .... of course not called professor oaks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot Empty

Back to top Go down

Plot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Iron :: Discussion-
Jump to: