Pokemon Iron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up with ideas for Pokemon Iron and helping to create it

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Player Appearance

Go down 
+12
GreenSonic
The Mighty Pepper
Critical Angel
Brian.Gif.
Ironmind
Shakey
Aerodactyl
Archelon
Wobbuffet
omni314
Nat
Arbok
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Main Characters/Players   Player Appearance EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Talk about the main characters of the game and the players. This includes the villains and gym leaders.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoniron.forumotion.com
Nat

Nat

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 am

We should have Hercules as one of the Elite 4 with fighting type pokemon. Maybe his last pokemon could be a legendary based on one of the mythological creatures he fought?

Back to top Go down
omni314

omni314

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 am

they should be the masters of 4 cultures that you meet
ie: roman/greek, egyptian, japanese, aztec

as for gyms i don't think they should exist yet, the anolouges in these ancient times would just be the village eldars/ town mayors/ leaders of where ever

as for the rival(s), its all been done a bit, but in the olden days, it could be someone trying to raise an army of pokemon
Back to top Go down
Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 pm

The Knights Templar should be the Team Rocket Equivalent. Their quest for the "New World Order" should be similar to Team Galactic's vision of creating a utopia...and the Knights Templar believing enslaving the Pokemon will help achieve their goals.

Also I dont know if this is relevant but the Pokedex should be a Stone Tablet or something. lol
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:55 pm

well what time period are we going with?
cause knights templar, hercules, and dinosaurs are hardly the same time period

or do we just wanna mash all ancient history and prehistory together?
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:53 pm

What I believe we are doing is taking basically all prehistorical creatures (dinosaurs, extinct animals, etc) and putting them in a ancient civilization setting (Greece, Rome, etc)

It's a bit anachronistic, but not altogether unrealistic in a universe that still has dragons and dinosaurs and sea serpents in the present.

So while the Knights Templar doesn't exactly fit in an ancient civilization setting, they are more medieval, I think we have a bit of flexibility as we are not striving for 100% accuracy to Earth. So I think a "shadow organization" vaguely modeling the supposed ones throughout history (Templar, Illuminati, Freemasons) is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://andrewrentz.deviantart.com/
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:02 pm

I was waiting for someone to point out that the time periods don't match up.

Just look at the other Pokemon games, they have Ghosts, a pokemon that can transform into any other pokemon and dragons,
pretty safe to say we're okay to put anything anywhere, really.
Back to top Go down
Ironmind

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:31 pm

China, Rome, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Medieval Europe, Prehistoric Hunter-Gatherer Society, Feudal Japan... We have a lot to choose from. It shouldn't be a matter of putting them all in one place because the pokemon world hardly seems like everything flows together perfectly in itself as is, so going from Egypt to Rome shouldn't be a game shattering experience of "This place doesn't quite fit in with everything else"

I don't think we should overdo it with highlighting the differences between each town/society/era. We only have so much to work with, and, say, making it so Egyptians look only like Egyptians and Romans look only like Romans would be a lot of extra work. Maybe we should hodgepodge all the societies together, with different societies being prevalent in each different town?
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Well each town or country could have similarities seeing as its prehistoric kind of i think everything should be conncted like pangea or something . Main Character Will be like first pokemon movie the chosen one or whatever and they could be a servant for a king of a small village town country whatever
Back to top Go down
Critical Angel

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 pm

I think that there doesn't have to be gyms, but what about gladiator pits or Colosseum type areas?
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Maybe each culture has its own battle field that way we can mix it up Egyptians have pyramids romans Colosseum stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Critical Angel

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

[quote="Brian.Gif."]Maybe each culture has its own battle field that way we can mix it up Egyptians have pyramids romans Colosseum stuff like that[/quote]

^This is what I was trying to convey. Thanks, Brian.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Well, using actual historical/mythological figures won't really work unless they're just Expies of them, as otherwise this thing is just going to get plain old confusing to work together without leaving huge mistakes behind in the backstory and plot.

Perhaps we should just have the respective "Rulers" of the various Civs with thematically appropriate Pokémon as opposed to commonly known individuals with Pokémon that they might have liked if given the chance to use them? (Plus, there would be so many arguments/flamewars over who gets what Pokémon, if X person would have used strategy Y or Z if they were a Trainer, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Im sorry can you explain the last part in your post.......
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, it stands to reason that each civilisation would have someone who either rules it (like a King or Emperor) or has a very large amount of influence within it (A famous General or leader of a major Religion) and that they would have strong Pokémon for either protection or fighting, so why not have to challenge them instead of people like Hercules who people would argue over the details of constantly?
As for the Pokemon being thematically appropriate, I was thinking of things like having Hippodon for the Egyptian Civ's ruler as Hippopotamuses were fairly common, deadly animals in real life Ancient Egypt.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah thats a great idea could the actual player grow as time changes or what .... meaning will it be like the wii game with dark lugia where its 3dish or classic 2d sprite thing ... sprite thing i think it easiest but yeah as someone said we should be able to customize the player .... basics .... and over time when you save up money you could buy new clothes
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I think sticking to 2D sprites would be easier as we could rip/edit most of them from the games to save time and severely lower the file size.
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 am

Alright, I think we're forgetting the most important part about the entire game, and this requires a separate topic.

What will you, the trainer, look like?

Since this would be ancient times, I think it would be safe to say the main character is over 18 so perhaps the male character would have facial hair.

This would also be a great place to talk about his/her origins, since their look will have to be based on that.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 am

Why can't we keep them at the age of ten?
In Ancient times you'd practically be an adult anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nat

Nat

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 am

The Mighty Pepper wrote:
Why can't we keep them at the age of ten?
In Ancient times you'd practically be an adult anyway.

Since it's ancient times, I'm thinking it would be more dangerous since the weapons would be lower tech and perhaps more aggressive pokemon. If the player was ten, I would think they would've had to have been studying the wild for a good portion of their life in order to live out there.

If the player is over 18, he/she would have grown and have learned by then enough to survive on their own. Enough for when they're pokemon are all blacked out and they have to run to the nearest 'pokemon center' Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:31 am

should we have both male and female or just male?
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 am

I say you should be able to be a boy or a girl as normal.

[quote]If the player is over 18, he/she would have grown and have learned by then enough to survive on their own. Enough for when they're pokemon are all blacked out and they have to run to the nearest 'pokemon center'[/quote]Still, eighteen seems a bit old for the time period to be out running around the world battling Gladiators/Gym leaders. Unless you were a slave, hideously poor/ugly or lived in the wild you'd most likely be married and have settled down into your job to have a family by them.
Still, I can see where you're coming from. Ten would be a bit too young to be practical.
Back to top Go down
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 am

Quote :
Since it's ancient times, I'm thinking it would be more dangerous since the weapons would be lower tech and perhaps more aggressive pokemon. If the player was ten, I would think they would've had to have been studying the wild for a good portion of their life in order to live out there.

If the player is over 18, he/she would have grown and have learned by then enough to survive on their own. Enough for when they're pokemon are all blacked out and they have to run to the nearest 'pokemon center' Smile

In all of the games the character is about 10 years old and they leave home and travel with dangerous creatures by themselves. In the ancient times this would actually make sense since younger people had shorter lifespans and had more responsibilities .
Back to top Go down
Ironmind

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 am

[quote="Arbok"]
[quote] Since it's ancient times, I'm thinking it would be more dangerous since the weapons would be lower tech and perhaps more aggressive pokemon. If the player was ten, I would think they would've had to have been studying the wild for a good portion of their life in order to live out there.

If the player is over 18, he/she would have grown and have learned by then enough to survive on their own. Enough for when they're pokemon are all blacked out and they have to run to the nearest 'pokemon center' :)[/quote]

In all of the games the character is about 10 years old and they leave home and travel with dangerous creatures by themselves. In the ancient times this would actually make sense since younger people had shorter lifespans and had more responsibilities .[/quote]

I think 14 would be the best compromise. 10 is ever so slightly too young, but 14 is right there on the cusp of adolescence, so they have some of the knowledge that would come with being an adult (for the time period), and they're still young and on their own.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 am

I agree with 14.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Appearance   Player Appearance Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Appearance
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Iron :: Discussion-
Jump to: