Pokemon Iron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up with ideas for Pokemon Iron and helping to create it

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chatroom Meeting

Go down 
+6
Arbok
The Mighty Pepper
KIMYURI
Hyper Beam
GreenSonic
Archelon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:30 pm

So, just a week or so into this project, we got a fuckton of ideas for pokemon and whatnot, a good deal of which we fly through to go on to other ideas

i propose we make use of our chatbox once in a while and all meet at a predetermined time to discuss ideas that need discussion in length.

first, id say we should meet regarding our pokemon ideas. all of us should bring up the ideas we had, and we should decide which are good, which need more development, and which should be scrapped.

how does everyone feel about this idea?

id schedule the first meeting for tomorrow, midnight eastern time (gmt - 5 hours)

if that doesnt work for you guys, please suggest different times
Back to top Go down
GreenSonic

GreenSonic

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Midnight -5 hours = 7
I think I can do that.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:51 pm

MIdnight = Midnight

I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Archelon wrote:
So, just a week or so into this project, we got a fuckton of ideas for pokemon and whatnot, a good deal of which we fly through to go on to other ideas

i propose we make use of our chatbox once in a while and all meet at a predetermined time to discuss ideas that need discussion in length.

first, id say we should meet regarding our pokemon ideas. all of us should bring up the ideas we had, and we should decide which are good, which need more development, and which should be scrapped.

how does everyone feel about this idea?

id schedule the first meeting for tomorrow, midnight eastern time (gmt - 5 hours)

if that doesnt work for you guys, please suggest different times

That's around 1PM for Seoul. Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://yuri-j-kim.deviantart.com
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:00 pm

So shall I if everything goes well and nothing urgent comes up.
Back to top Go down
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:09 pm

I'll try to make it!
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoniron.forumotion.com
Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:35 pm

I may or may not be able to make it, sorry.

But, I figure I'll just put this here, as a proposal we could talk about...

I think the disorganized nature of the sprite and Pokemon threads isn't helping the situation. What I would propose is a separate forum where people could submit ideas. By creating a thread for your Pokemon (or evolutionary family), you would be submitting your concept. You could include art, potential movepools, etc. Members of the forum would then evaluate the concept and vote on whether to approve the Pokemon. If the Pokemon is approved, the thread would then be used to discuss the movepool, base stats, sprites, etc of the Pokemon. That way, the discussion for each Pokemon is consolidated into one thread.
Back to top Go down
http://andrewrentz.deviantart.com/
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:51 pm

thats not a bad idea aero
if you're not at the meeting, it will definitely be discussed
Back to top Go down
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Aerodactyl wrote:
I may or may not be able to make it, sorry.

But, I figure I'll just put this here, as a proposal we could talk about...

I think the disorganized nature of the sprite and Pokemon threads isn't helping the situation. What I would propose is a separate forum where people could submit ideas. By creating a thread for your Pokemon (or evolutionary family), you would be submitting your concept. You could include art, potential movepools, etc. Members of the forum would then evaluate the concept and vote on whether to approve the Pokemon. If the Pokemon is approved, the thread would then be used to discuss the movepool, base stats, sprites, etc of the Pokemon. That way, the discussion for each Pokemon is consolidated into one thread.

Yeah, that would definitely make for higher quality sprites and less confusion.
I think someone should also be keeping track of approved designs, and who will be spriting which Pokemon. I'm willing to sprite, but I don't know what to work on (because what if someone else is already working on it?) or which of my designs have been approved.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 pm

*Ahem* let's talk about Aerodactyl's idea at the meeting.

I'll get a chart started to record stats, names, and sprites as our library of pokemon progresses.
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 am

What time for england? Cause it sounds like 5am but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 am

well i gess we did it like 12 here so like 4 ..... maybe we can make it 8 est time or something ..... and we should have like 2 or 3 meetings a week for people who cant make specific ones ......
Back to top Go down
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 am

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 am

i used a world clock i hope i didnt read it wrong being +4 hours in england Sad
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:39 am

Hurrs the thing, if you do it any time after like 9pm in america, likely that any of us in Britain will be all tucked in.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:42 am

thats why i said at 8 .....
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey there ladies and gentlemen
so i noticed activity on the forums died down recently
partly my own fault there, ive been beaten with work lately...

but i think we should have another chatroom meeting sometime soon. the last one was pretty productive, and it might motivate us to be more active.
plus we really should address the issue of programmers, else all this work be for nothing

last time, some people said theyd like the next meeting to be earlier, so how does everyone feel about this friday, at 8pm eastern time (gmt -5)?
Back to top Go down
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Argh goddamnit. Just found out 2 hours later won't work, either :/ Sorry, I probably won't be able to make it...unless the meeting lasts 4 hours or something, haha.

Last edited by KIMYURI on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 pm

2200 eastern would be awesome for me. Dunno bout the rest of you but I have an excuse for my recent semi-inactivity, I am working on a finalized, stylized, awesomized version of our world map, if that helps.

See you all friday?
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:39 pm

im good for 2 hours later, yuri

if the everyone agrees to 8, and the meeting doesnt last till 10, i can hang around and let you know what you missed
Back to top Go down
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 am

I might be able to come but I'm not sure.. I'll try and make it.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoniron.forumotion.com
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah...I can't make it :/ Just found out I'll have to be out longer, damn it. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:50 pm

i cant make many meeting i have to take care of family members
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:34 pm

ok so most people seem to not be able to make it
...and i found out i have a business meeting then myself...

how does saturday same time work for everyone?
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 am

again i wont b able to make meeting i have a mom in cancer recovery and a grandma with a broken leg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chatroom Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatroom Meeting   Chatroom Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatroom Meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Iron :: Announcements-
Jump to: