Pokemon Iron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up with ideas for Pokemon Iron and helping to create it

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Electric types.

Go down 
+9
The Mighty Pepper
GreenSonic
Brian.Gif.
Archelon
NowPower
kursk
MrMash
Aerodactyl
Shakey
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Unfortunately, it's safe to say electric types are a huge no-no. This is set way before the discovery of electricity and as such I think it would be inappropriate for there to be electric pokemon, would you all agree?
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Nah, they were still aware of phenomena such as thunder, magnetism, etc. You can call them Thunder types instead of electric, but if modern day Electric Pokemon exist, we can assume they existed in the past as well.
Back to top Go down
http://andrewrentz.deviantart.com/
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm trying my best to think of something that could have eventually transpired to become electricity.

Perhaps Lightening types?
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Yeah, that's actually what I meant by thunder. I always get them mixed up.
Back to top Go down
http://andrewrentz.deviantart.com/
MrMash

MrMash

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

It's Pokemon. It doesn't have to make 100% sense. Just because the people hadn't discovered how to use electricity yet doesn't mean we can't have a badass Zapdos soaring through the thunder.

but electric types that look like man made things might not fit well. (Magneton, Voltorb, etc)
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:55 pm

well back in the Egyptian era scientist now believe that they used pots and assorted copper wire to generate an electrical current. idk exactly when this game is suppose to b but you could use something along those lines with electrical types
Back to top Go down
NowPower

NowPower

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Only man-made Electric types would be off-limits. That covers the magnemite line, voltorb and electrode... Actually that's it.
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Just a ball of electricity with eyes for origin of voltorb? Implies that when Humans started to harness the power, they captured them in cases?
Back to top Go down
NowPower

NowPower

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Shakey wrote:
Just a ball of electricity with eyes for origin of voltorb? Implies that when Humans started to harness the power, they captured them in cases?

Or Apricorb! (Apricorn Voltorb)

Magic lightning strikes or something if you really need those two.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 pm

or watabout a electric golem builds electricity as it roles. like a static charge attack as he rolls. or static charge move + rollout for bonus damage idk jst another idea being thrown out there
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:58 pm

aside from the previously mentioned use of electricity by ancients, there are animals who make use of electricity, such as electric eels and some species of cephalopods.
not to mention, pokemon makes electric types out of animals who in real life are just bioluminescent, like lanturn
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Well seeing as there is electricity or should i say lightning could that be a like pokemon thats being studied by scientists or philosophers and they try to harness it in a very primitive way like making fire..... although fire pokemon could do that ........
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:59 pm

[quote="Brian.Gif."]Well seeing as there is electricity or should i say lightning could that be a like pokemon thats being studied by scientists or philosophers and they try to harness it in a very primitive way like making fire..... although fire pokemon could do that ........[/quote]

wat if there was a tribe scenario as in "the tribe to the east worships the thunder" "the tribe farther then that worships the flame" and so on. so the "gym" leader of that type would reflect wat the tribe worships.
Back to top Go down
GreenSonic

GreenSonic

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 am

A lightning cloud for a pokemon?If so I'd be willing to sprite it, scratch or edit.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:46 am

A Flying/Electric type? That sounds pretty damn cool.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:04 pm

The Mighty Pepper wrote:
A Flying/Electric type? That sounds pretty damn cool.

wat about the old aztec stone plane thing thats made from gold. could be made into a electric type

heres a link to wat it looks like
http://www.circlinghawk.com/ancientPlane.jpg
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:19 am

Electric types. Thunderx
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 am

the gold airplane might make an interesting pokemon...ill get on designing something like it
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:30 am

The sad part is, nobody will get the reference, so we'll probably have a bunch of people wondering why there's an airplane 1500+ years ago...
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:32 am

Hyper Beam wrote:
The sad part is, nobody will get the reference, so we'll probably have a bunch of people wondering why there's an airplane 1500+ years ago...

aaaaaaliiiieeeennnzzz

lol yea but idk we jst hope they have studied ancient cultures/alien theories
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 am

OK i cant see the picture but i already know what ur talking about ..... and its a space ship thank u very much ....... It could be means of transportation in the game
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:43 am

Brian.Gif. wrote:
OK i cant see the picture but i already know what ur talking about ..... and its a space ship thank u very much ....... It could be means of transportation in the game

lol yea but we do need some new (or old in this case i guess) electrics or thunder i guess is wat we r calling em, and idk i mean magnemite's r pretty much machines why not have these could be another electric/steel but have em more badass. maybe have a crazy evo/pre-evo
Back to top Go down
GreenSonic

GreenSonic

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Electric types. Th_mismagfrossfus-160
Voltorb ancestor?
Give crit or improvements and I'll add em in.
EDIT:Damn forumotion.The pic

Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 pm

If you want to put a pic you put the img one
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Round it out a bit more so that it resembles a sphere, and maybe add some sparks to show that it's electric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electric types. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric types.   Electric types. Empty

Back to top Go down

Electric types.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Iron :: Discussion-
Jump to: