Pokemon Iron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up with ideas for Pokemon Iron and helping to create it

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Storage Idea

Go down 
+8
The Mighty Pepper
Shakey
kursk
KIMYURI
Arbok
Brian.Gif.
Hyper Beam
Nat
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nat

Nat

Pokemon Storage Idea Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:05 pm

I was thinking, since computers wouldn't have been invented yet we could use some other form of deposit. Say if you catch more than six pokemon, then ones after that will be placed in your backpack. You could then trade them out with your main six, but only out of battle.

Too prevent your backpack from overflowing, you could place a limit on the amount in your backpack (say place a limit for three) and once you reach the limit you have to manually store them in a town bank or something.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Speaking of which: NO POKEBALLS.

Unless someone has a better idea, pokemon will have to be out at all times.
Shit.

Btw, OP: If we use something like a village shaman as a pokemon center, there could be a guy there that offers to hold your pokemon for you. For some unexplained reason, the same guy will be in every town. Easy solution.
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:20 pm

well yes were going to have pokeballs but theyre going to be made from different minerals like granite is normal pokeball iron is great ball etc ec and we were thinking about using natural materials to make pokeballs like wood they would be like orbs spheres and then you have to bring them to some one to make them into pokemon catching devices and for a poke dex....... journal ... storage you can maybe have later in the game you can have a shaman hut or something where as herp dog said guy is to strore it
Back to top Go down
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:43 pm

how about ancient pneumatic tubes? they use the water powers of water pokemon to suck up pokeballs from the pokemon center and transport them to a safe place. You just write on a piece of paper what your name is and they send back a list of all pokemon you have (you view this box-style so you can see the stats.) You sending your name in the tube can be an automatic animation like turning on the PC is automatic in the game.

if that doesn't make sense just let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Pnuematic Tubes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_tube
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoniron.forumotion.com
Arbok
Admin
Arbok

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Apricorns will be used as different pokeballs. They would be sold by shopkeepers in towns.
red apricorns-normal pokeball
blue apricorns-great balls
yellow apricorns-quick balls
etc. etc..
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoniron.forumotion.com
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 pm

well do you know how there are specific balls for like the safari zone do you think there could be balls made from certain trees that help catch grass pokemon and the mineral idea ties in with the episode when the civcs went against a giant alakazam and gengar and trapped them in 2 giant stone balls
Back to top Go down
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Someone else was talking about a Pokemon ranch in each town (sorry, I can't remember who) that would act as a storage. I think that's a great idea, but the problem is- how do the Pokemon magically transport from your hand to the ranch? The least far-fetched idea I can think of is using some kind of bird/flying Pokemon as a transporter (kind of like pigeon mail). Of course, to actually show this process would be pretty hard to script, so it could just be communicated using text (replacing "___ was sent to BILL'S PC").
Back to top Go down
http://yuri-j-kim.deviantart.com
kursk
Admin
kursk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 pm

[quote="Arbok"]how about ancient pneumatic tubes? they use the water powers of water pokemon to suck up pokeballs from the pokemon center and transport them to a safe place. You just write on a piece of paper what your name is and they send back a list of all pokemon you have (you view this box-style so you can see the stats.) You sending your name in the tube can be an automatic animation like turning on the PC is automatic in the game.

if that doesn't make sense just let me know and I'll try to clarify.

[color=blue]Pnuematic Tubes:
[/color][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_tube]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_tube[/url][/quote]

how would that correlate with the ancient times? would there b some kinda side quest (like bills) to explain it? or if there is any ancient "magic" from a shaman, magiction or what not. could u use a person as a PC. like he uses runes as boxes. lol im still on the idea of hyper mystical stuff

and sry if i sound rude in any of my post trying to put constructive criticism
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Well since it sounds like pokemon are gonna be kept in Acorn balls or something along those lines, it should be fine to carry them around, surely? Just imply that you can carry up to 20 in 1 acorn ball, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 pm

[quote="Shakey"]Well since it sounds like pokemon are gonna be kept in Acorn balls or something along those lines, it should be fine to carry them around, surely? Just imply that you can carry up to 20 in 1 acorn ball, or something like that.[/quote]

ya but then you become overpowered a bit. and 20 in one ball sounds kinda cramped (lol however that makes sense with how pokeballz work) so i have 3 acorn balls full i have 60 pokemon on my team ready to go for the rest of the game with no worries
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Ok, lemme try again.

There are mass storage acornballs, 20 in each, and regular storage acornballs, 1 in each.

You can't, however, call just 1 pokemon out of the mass storage ones, all must come out at the same time, therefore it acts like a computer.

You open it up, you choose one to put in, you choose one to take out.

It's just taking the computer system from R/B/Y/G/S/C and changing the word "computer" to "ball" Razz
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:09 pm

[quote="Shakey"]Ok, lemme try again.

There are mass storage acornballs, 20 in each, and regular storage acornballs, 1 in each.

You can't, however, call just 1 pokemon out of the mass storage ones, all must come out at the same time, therefore it acts like a computer.

You open it up, you choose one to put in, you choose one to take out.

It's just taking the computer system from R/B/Y/G/S/C and changing the word "computer" to "ball" :P[/quote]

oooooh gatchaaa! ok so would the acorns that hold 60 still b at towns or would u carry those with you? and if they were at towns how would the whole transfer from town to town work?
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:11 pm

I guess carry them with you in some sort of bag, I don't know! Razz

Too hard to figure the logistics of all of this.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

[quote="Shakey"]I guess carry them with you in some sort of bag, I don't know! :P

Too hard to figure the logistics of all of this.[/quote]

lol this is pokemanz foget logic!
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 am

Perhaps you should be given the ability to use Fly early on, allowing you to travel to a Pokébank of sorts in a town you already visited (maybe the capital of your Civ?) where you can take your pokémon out or store them?
I mean, the only time you're able to take out or deposit Pokémon normally is within a city with a Centre, so besides the extra time to Fly you wouldn't really be changing anything. You could just Fly back to the town you were in after selecting your team.
Back to top Go down
Shakey
Admin
Shakey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:02 am

If we're still going on the assumption that one of the 3 legendary birds is your start (which I still think is a fantastic idea) then they should be given fly to begin with, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:07 am

That could work out quite well. We'd also give them a second damaging move which doesn't take two turns to use however, such as Ember for Moltres, Thundershock for Zapdos and Powder Snow for Articuno.
Back to top Go down
kursk
Admin
kursk

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 am

idk i dnt feel like the birds would fit into pokemon iron. the idea of a ground/ice/steel starters i thought was a brilliant idea, and a bird starter idk i dnt think a bird starter would b good for this game. personal opinion
Back to top Go down
Snorlax

Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 am

Quote :
If we use something like a village shaman as a pokemon center, there could be a guy there that offers to hold your pokemon for you. For some unexplained reason, the same guy will be in every town. Easy solution.

I really liked this idea of shaman... perhaps the shaman from your starter village/tribe whatever could give you a magic stick of some sort allowing captured Pokemon to be stored in another realm or even the stick itself. The stored Pokemon could then be retrieved by visiting a shaman in any town just like Bills PC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brian.Gif.

Brian.Gif.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:31 am

I think we might do something like that .... and use altars ...... ill get the whole plan from arbok and see what you guys think of it
Back to top Go down
KIMYURI

KIMYURI

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 am

Snorlax wrote:
Quote :
If we use something like a village shaman as a pokemon center, there could be a guy there that offers to hold your pokemon for you. For some unexplained reason, the same guy will be in every town. Easy solution.

I really liked this idea of shaman... perhaps the shaman from your starter village/tribe whatever could give you a magic stick of some sort allowing captured Pokemon to be stored in another realm or even the stick itself. The stored Pokemon could then be retrieved by visiting a shaman in any town just like Bills PC. Very Happy

Yes, shaman is good. The magic stick idea is similar to an idea the rest of the team had during a meeting in the chat room: we were thinking of an altar that would store each Pokemon's spirit. Your character would go to the altar to "take out" the spirits.

I think an altar should be present in each town, although maybe different in appearance according to the theme of the town.
Back to top Go down
http://yuri-j-kim.deviantart.com
The Mighty Pepper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

That is a brilliant idea right there.
Back to top Go down
Snorlax

Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:03 am

ah, sounds good.
as for the poke-balls i think using apricorns would be the easiest and most logical answer. Surprised
Back to top Go down
GreenSonic

GreenSonic

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 pm

I just had a thought, what if we made a hollowed out tree trunk and put it next to the (?)healing tent(?).
That way it'd be pretty much the same only it would be outside and all the box beackgrounds would be wooden.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Archelon
Admin
Archelon

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:57 pm

the problem with apricorns is that theres more types of pokeballs than there are colors

we could catch pokemon with some sort of magic artifacts like the anime said ancient civilizations used to do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Storage Idea   Pokemon Storage Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Storage Idea
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next